Board of Education Code of Ethics
The Board of Education of the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District shall hold themselves to the highest standard of ethical conduct. Members of this Board of Education shall meet moral standards of conduct in addition to the expected legal standards. They shall conform to an ethical code. This code must be idealistic and, at the same time, practical. A Board member’s action will be viewed and appraised by the community, associates, staff, parents, and students. To these ends, the Board of Education members shall sign the following code of ethics upon assuming office.
As a member of the Livermore valley Joint Unified School District Board of Education, I shall:
- Represent the interests of all people served by the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District and not favor special interests inside or outside of this District.
- Not use my service on this Board for my own personal advantage or for the advantage of my friends or supporters.
- Keep confidential information confidential.
- Approach all Board issues with an open mind, prepared to make the best decisions for everyone involved.
- Do nothing to violate the trust of those who elected me to the Board or of those we serve.
- Focus my efforts on the mission of the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District and not on my own personal goals.
- Never exercise authority as a Board member except when acting in a meeting with the full Board or as I am delegated by the Board.
To download a pdf of the Code of Ethics click HERE