NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON NOTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE OF
STATE INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FUNDING REALIGNMENT PROGRAM
GRADES K-12 FOR THE 2012/2013 FISCAL YEAR
to be held
7:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 2, 2012
LIVERMORE VALLEY JOINT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
WILLIAMS UNIFORM COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
NOTICE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS, PUPILS, AND TEACHERS:
Parents/Guardians, Pupils, and Teachers:
Education Code 35186 requires that the following notice be posted in each classroom:
1. There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. For there to be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials, each pupil, including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional material, or both, to use in class and to take home.
2. School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair. Good repair means that the facility is maintained in a manner that assures that it is clean, safe and functional as determined by the Office of Public School Construction.
3. There should be a teacher assigned to each class and not a series of substitutes or other temporary teachers. The teacher should have the proper credential to teach the class, including the certification required to teach English learners, if present. There should be no teacher vacancies or misassignments as defined in Education Code 35186(h)(2) and (3).
Misassignment means the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position for which the employee does not hold a legally recognized certificate or credential or the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position that the employee is not otherwise authorized by statute to hold.
Teacher vacancy means a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year or, if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester.
4. Pupils, including English Learners, who have not passed one or both parts of the high school exit examination by the end of the 12th grade are to be provided the opportunities to receive intensive instruction and services for up to two consecutive academic years after the completion of grade 12.
5. To file a complaint regarding any of the above matters, complaint forms can be obtained at the principal’s office or the district office, or can be downloaded from the school district’s or California Department of Education’s website.
Click HERE to download the uniform complaint procedure information required of all school districts mandated by the Williams Settlement. The document includes versions in both English and Spanish and is in PDF format.