Each student will graduate with the skills needed to contribute and thrive in a changing world.
Non-negotiable are expectations regarding student achievement and classroom instruction to which all staff members adhere in order for our students, schools, and District to reach achievement targets.
- All staff will expect and support active student engagement in the learning process.
- Everyone will respect and protect instructional time.
- All teachers will base instruction on essential standards.
- All staff will use results from assessments to guide instruction and measure student learning.
- All staff will actively participate in collaboration focused on student achievement.
Our vision reflects our core values and guides our work in living our mission, honoring our non-negotiables and attaining our goals.
- Our Personnel:
• use data to make informed decisions
• support our shared mission and non-negotiables
• collaborate on a consistent basis
• develop supportive and encouraging relationships with students
• model and demonstrate kindness and empathy toward others
• understand and strive to meet our district goals
- Our Leadership Team:
• supports and reinforces non-negotiables
• establishes clear and measurable objectives and uses data to make decisions that improve student learning
• focuses staff on the actions and strategies to achieve objectives and allocates resources to support implementation
• continues to learn and model learning for staff
• is consistently visible at sites and in the community
• effectively communicates and collaborates with staff, students, parents, and community members
- Our Students:
• demonstrate social responsibility
• embrace an academic culture of critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity
• seek challenges and manifest resilience
• make healthy choices and are physically active
• display and emulate positive character traits
• strive to meet high academic standards and behavioral expectations
- Our Community:
• is informed and actively involved in supporting student learning
• advocates for all students and celebrates their successes
• identifies and cultivates business and organizational partnerships that enhance opportunities for our students
• values high expectations and hold students accountable for meeting those expectations
- Our District-Wide Climate and Learning Environment:
• are welcoming and stimulating for all learners and visitors
• ensure that facilities are safe, well maintained and organized for learning
• reflect and celebrate student work and achievement
• promote a culture in which all student differences are valued and students feel safe to express themselves
• nurture curiosity and innovation
• are founded on a clear, strong communication system
- Our Curriculum:
• is rigorous and standards-based
• connects skills and knowledge to real world situations
• enables innovative learning methods and integrates use of supportive technologies
• is designed to encourage students to use inquiry and team-based approaches to solve problems
• fosters the development of higher order thinking skills through project-based learning
• is broad and balanced, encourages creativity and inspires a commitment to learning
- Our Equity Commitment:
• is clearly evident in the beliefs, actions, and interactions of our staff
• is apparent in our decision-making and allocation of resources
• acknowledges the innate prejudices in the educational system and society and works to overcome inequities
• ensures all students, regardless of their background, demographics or school of attendance, have equal opportunities, experiences and outcomes
• provides and promotes a positive school culture which values each student's strengths and differences
Core Values for Budget Development & Planning
The Governing Board of the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District (LVJUSD) approves an annual budget in keeping with the Core Values set forth below and commits:
- To maintain fiscal solvency through sound and prudent fiscal practices and decision-making aligned to our guiding principles;
- To be transparent, inclusive and inform all stakeholders of our Core Values, fiscal status, and rationale for budget allocations.
The Superintendent and staff will use the following Core Values in developing a budget to recommend to the Board of Trustees:
- The District budget will be developed to provide a high quality educational program, service and support to students; competitive compensation for staff; a reserve for economic uncertainty; and a plan to meet long-term obligations.
- The District will fund a rich and engaging educational experience that includes innovative academic core instruction and elective offerings and allows students to explore their unique personal competencies.
- The District budget will provide members of the LVJUSD learning community with ongoing professional development to meet the evolving and varied needs of our students and staff.
- The District will pursue partnerships, advocacy, grants and likely supplemental sources to maximize opportunities and resources for our students.
- The District budget will account for economic and political projections, laws and mandates that affect our funding stream.
- The District will consider the financial impact and total cost of operation including ongoing expenses of any purchase, program or initiative to ensure quality, support and sustainability.