Facilities Planning & Construction
Jan Shipley, Construction Supervisor 925 606-3390
Facilities Fax Number 925-606-3327
Community Services: Site & Field Rental
For more information contact:
Mary Groesbeck, Community Services Liaison
ph 925 606-4888
Request for Proposal
for Local Real Estate Firms to Assist with the Sale of Real Property
Proposals due prior to 2:00 PM on February 6, 2015
Notice to Prospective Bidders to
Prequalify to Submit Bids for
Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District Project(s)
1. Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District (“District”) has determined that all bidders for District projects must be prequalified prior to submitting a bid on future Projects.
2. Any contractor interested in bidding on future Projects must submit a fully completed District Prequalification Statement to the District. All Prequalification Statements must be on the District form.
3. Prequalification Statements are available for pick-up at the District Office- Facilities Department, 685 East Jack London Boulevard, Livermore, California 94551 or online at http://www.livermoreschools.com/facilities.
4. To prequalify for future Projects, a contractor is required, in addition to other criteria, to possess at a minimum a State of California Contractor License B.
5. The Prequalification Statements submitted by contractors are not public records and are not open to public inspection. All information provided will be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law. However, the contents may be disclosed to third parties for purpose of verification, or investigation of substantial allegations, or in the appeal process. State law requires that the names of contractors applying for prequalification status shall be public records subject to disclosure.
6. A contractor may be denied prequalification status for either omission of requested information or falsification of information.
Core Values for Facility Planning
The District will use the following Core Values throughout facilities planning to evaluate the substance of its own recommendations as well as those from any District stakeholders.
1. To ensure all of our students are prepared to contribute and thrive in a changing world, we will provide facilities that are safe, well-maintained, comfortable, stimulating, and designed to support instructional activities and the learning process.
2. To meet diverse approaches of teaching and learning, we will create spaces that are flexible, and also available to the community for routine as well as extraordinary circumstances.
3. To promote equity by providing campuses that are a continuing source of pride in our community, we will ensure the appearance, form and function of our facilities reflect student needs rather than the neighborhood environment.
4. To inspire and engage students, we will provide teachers with the facilities and tools necessary to deliver 21st century instruction, and furnish all learning spaces with necessary equipment.
5. To meet legal and fiscal responsibilities, we will maintain transparency and ensure all construction projects are professionally planned, effectively communicated, and efficiently completed, in keeping with legal compliance guidelines.
To download a pdf of the Core Values click HERE.